In Don’t Starve: Hamlet, Wilson discovers a lost town of aristocratic Pigmen nestled within a foreboding tropical jungle. Reacquaint to city life with pig shops, houses, new items, biomes and more, or delve into the ancient pig ruins and try your hand at treasure hunting in this new single player expansion.
- The title of the DLC, Hamlet, has three meanings. It can refer to a village, be a pun on pigs (Hamlet), or be a reference to Shakespeare's play.
- The Hamlet DLC's release date was originally slated for Q1/Q2 2018.
- In one of the promotional screenshots, Wilson is seen in a ruined stone building, with a carving of a dancing tribal Pig on the wall. This may imply that the Pigs are smarter than they are thought to be.
- When Steam implemented the new wishlist feature in February 2018, they accidentally added the private estimated release date for Hamlet, March 20, 2018, instead of the public date of Q1/Q2 2018. This was soon corrected.
- In the trailer, Wilson is seen riding a hot air balloon. This is reminiscent of a piece of concept art from the Forbidden Knowledge Trailer Puzzle.