This is a policy page for Don't Starve Wiki.
It contains widely accepted standards that editors should normally follow. Any significant changes must require community consensus. You can make a discussion in forum.
Speedy deletion is intended to reduce the time spent on deletion discussions for pages or media with no practical chance of surviving discussion.
A list of pages to be speedily deleted can be found at Category:Candidates for speedy deletion.
When you request for speedy deletion
You can consider turning problematic pages into relevant redirects as an alternative to deletion.
Examples of candidates for speedy deletion
- No meaningful content or history (e.g. random characters).
- Test pages (e.g., "Can I really create a page here?").
- Pure vandalism (see also dealing with vandalism).
- Very short pages with little or no context (e.g., "He is a funny man that has created Factory and the Hacienda. And, by the way, his wife is great.")
- Reposted content that was already deleted according to policy.
- Pages that have been moved to another Wikia because they were uploaded in the wrong place.
- Temporarily deleting a page in order to move a page.
- Broken redirects or ones caused by typos during a page move.
- Duplicate images.
- Talk pages of already deleted articles.
- User talk pages of non-logged in users where the message is no longer relevant. (This is to avoid confusing new users who happen to edit with that same IP address.)
- Empty categories.
- User and talk pages on request of the user, where there is no significant abuse, and no administrative need to retain the page.