Glommer is found during every full moon at Glommer's Statue, along with a Glommer's Flower. Glommer will follow the player when Glommer's Flower is picked up, similar to Chester and his Eye Bone. If Glommer's Flower is dropped on the ground or put inside a stationary container, Glommer will remain at the area near the flower. If Glommer's Flower is placed inside Chester, Glommer will follow Chester.
When tamed, Glommer provides a Sanity aura of +6.25/min, (only while standing extremely close, similar to befriended Pigs) making it useful in countering the nighttime sanity drain of -5/min. It will also drop Glommer's Goop once every 2–4 days.
Killing Glommer raises the player's Naughtiness by 50 (which is the naughtiness cap), therefore Glommer is the only creature in RoG that will cause Krampus to immediately spawn when killed by the player. (This aspect is replicated in the Shipwrecked DLC, when killing a Doydoy with only 1-2 left in the world, or the Sealnado when in Seal form.)
Like other followers, Glommer can be targeted by the player while performing a force attack. Below is the number of hits it takes, with a default damage modifier, to kill Glommer. The Weather Pain is not included due to the random nature of its projectile.
|No. of hits for||Immune||24||8||6||4||3||2-4||2 or 3||2||1|
- Glommer can be killed indirectly by luring it near a Catcoon (e.g. to collect its drops for the Old Bell). This avoids summoning Krampus.
- Because full moons occur two nights in a row, if Glommer is killed by anything between the first and second full moon nights in a cycle, Glommer will respawn the next night. This means it is easy to kill Glommer for the Old Bell ingredients on the first night, and then collect him as a follower on the second.
- A player carrying a Glommer's Flower can bring a Glommer down into the caves. This will provide a renewable source of fuel and Sanity regeneration. Glommer will not follow the player into the caves in Don't Starve Together, however.
- Standing directly next to Glommer during the night can negate the sanity loss from said time of day.
- It is possible to get the Glommer Flower with Woodie by planting a Lureplant near Glommer's Statue on a full moon, then killing the Lureplant after it has eaten the flower. Woodie can then pick up the dropped flower after returning to his normal form.
- Glommer occasionally bounces up and down while idle.
- Glommer makes a sort of "zeitzer", or buzzing, sound.
- Glommer is the only passive mob other than Beardlings that drops Monster Meat and the only mob that is not encased in ice when frozen.
- Glommer will not be attacked by any variety of Spider or Bee.
- When day-time comes and if the flower is still attached to Glommer's Statue, Glommer will fly up into the air (similar to a Mosling).
- Wigfrid's umlauts affect the "o" in "Glommer," making it "Glömmer," which means "forgets" in Swedish.
- Glommer may be a direct reference to the Ohmu, from Studio Ghibli's: Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind. In the movie, it is discovered that the Ohmu protect the poisoned forest as it recovers. This could explain the naughtiness gained from killing Glommer, as killing "the keeper of the forest" is bad for the land. Additionally, there is a direct likeness of the characters' appearances.
- When Glommer gets killed right before exiting the Caves, while its flower stays underground, it will be revived inspite of its flower turning perishable. Furthermore, during the next full moon, another Glommer will spawn, enabling the player to have multiple at once.