Grass Gekkos are passive Mobs in Don't Starve Together. They are found in Rockyland and Mosaic Biomes and act as an alternative source of Cut Grass. When killed, Gekkos drop 0-2 Cut Grass and 1 Leafy Meat. Grass Gekkos have a chance of spawning from planted Grass Tufts.
Grass Gekkos have a 1% chance to spawn from picking a Grass Tuft. This can only happen if there are no Grass Gekkos in a distance of 20 units (5 tiles) around and after day 30.
Grass Gekkos spend their time slowly wandering around and sleeping in the sun. When approached, the Gekkos will jump up in alarm and dash away, leaving their "tail". This tail is actually a piece of Cut Grass. The Gekko will regrow the tail two full days after dropping it. Pigs, Bunnymen, and Chester startle Grass Gekkos as the player would.
- Grass Gekkos are considered to be part of A New Reign, even though they were introduced before the official start of the beta branch.
- Grass Gekkos used to be able to get Disease and would die within two days after getting contaminated. In A New Reign however, this feature has been removed.
- Many real life lizards shed their tail when attacked by a predator. The lizard then slowly regrows it.
- Grass Gekkos, when sleeping, will rest with their legs pointed behind them, just like real life lizards, such as iguanas, do when relaxed.
- If a player corners a Gekko and attacks it, it will sometimes run over the world border onto the Ocean.