Hutch is a following companion exclusive to the Caves of Don't Starve Together. He functions similarly to Chester and has almost identical stats, including a life regeneration of 22.5 Health every 3 seconds, designed to regenerate it's full life in a minute (2 segments).
Similar to Chester, and Packim Baggims, Hutch can transform depending on his current inventory. Unlike other portable inventory followers, Hutch does not consume the materials on transformation. He will also emit light if one or more Light Bulbs are stored within him. These light bulbs will not be consumed and will spoil at their normal rate. Similar to Chester and the Eye Bone, he is summoned with and will follow Star-Sky.
Fugu Hutch Edit
Fugu Hutch is a special version of Hutch. If a Light Bulb and a Spear/Battle Spear are stored in it, Hutch will turn into Fugu Hutch. In this state, anything that attacks Hutch receives 30 damage. Hutch will remain in this form until the spear loses all durability or is removed.
Music Box Hutch Edit
Music Box Hutch is a special version of Hutch. By placing a Light Bulb and a One-man Band in his inventory, he will transform into Music Box Hutch, who provides a positive Sanity aura until the One-man Band's durability is used up.
- Hutch and Star-Sky, the item used to summon him, are possible references to the television series Starsky and Hutch.
- A hutch is also type of shelving unit.
- According to Wilson, Hutch's full name is "Hutch Danglefish, P.I."
- P.I. usually stands for "Private Investigator". However, the Devs joked on live stream that it could mean "Portable Inventory".
- With his fins, teeth, and glowing protrusion, Hutch appears to be based on the deep sea anglerfish.
- Fugu is Japanese for pufferfish.
- Music Box Hutch's design is based on the blue tang, also known as a palette surgeonfish.