When worn, the Ice Cube grants 240 points of protection from Overheating, and provides a cooling effect of 40°. Additionally, the player's Wetness will increase rapidly up to a maximum of 50 and walking speed will be reduced by 10%. The Ice Cube does not have durability, instead melting after 8 days, similar to the Ham Bat and Garland. That being said, it can be replenished with Ice.
Wearing the Ice Cube while playing as WX-78 will cause the player to take damage periodically.
- Placing an Ice Cube in the Ice Box will completely stop it from melting.
- The Ice Cube is good for traveling, but if there are plans for doing things around a base, use an Endothermic Fire Pit.
- The Ice Cube will make inventory and equipped items Wet, causing Sanity loss. This can be used to become insane for farming Nightmare Fuel.
- Even with maximum wetness, Maxwell will not lose any sanity, making this hat rather valuable for him during summer. That being said, the faster food spoilage and slippery weapons are still large downsides to using the Ice Cube for extended periods of time.
- Dress Items with Wetness resistance, such as the Rain Coat, do not reduce wetness from the Ice Cube.
- While wearing the Ice Cube, being near a fire will slowly get rid of player wetness and will prevent the player and the player's items from becoming wet.