Miner Hat is a hat item which provides Light while worn. It is found in the Light Tab and requires 1 Straw Hat, 1 Gold Nugget, and 1 Fireflies to craft and an Alchemy Engine to prototype. It can also be found randomly at skeleton set pieces.
The Miner Hat allows the player to keep their hands free, allowing weapons or tools to be used at night. It provides brighter and longer lasting light than a Torch (about 8 minutes / 1 day of light).
In order to keep producing light, the Miner Hat needs to be refueled with Fireflies, Slurtle Slime, or Light Bulbs before durability runs out. Fireflies will refuel it for 38.5%, which will last for 180 seconds; Light Bulbs for 19%, which will last for 90 seconds; and Slurtle Slime for 9.5%, which will last for 45 seconds.
- It is recommended to refuel a Miner Hat with Light Bulbs instead of Fireflies, since Fireflies are a non-renewable resource. However, this is not possible in a Shipwrecked world that has not been linked to a regular world, since Light Flowers do not exist in the Shipwrecked DLC.
- When refueling a Miner Hat in a Shipwrecked world, it is recommended to use Fireflies instead of Bioluminescence, since Fireflies are renewable through the Slot Machine (unlike the latter).
- Clicking the Miner Hat with the Left Mouse Button rapidly while it is equipped will cause the item not to lose its durability.
- As of the All's Well That Maxwell update, the Miner Hat no longer turns into a Straw Hat after running out of durability.
- According to Maxwell, the reason the miner hats lose durability and is not usable is because the fireflies will starve.