Monster Foods are food items which have a monster food value, meaning they will create Monster Lasagna when more than one is used in a Crock Pot, except when Twigs are added as an ingredient or another recipe with higher priority matches the ingredients used.
Monster Foods are typically poisonous and cause damage to Health and Sanity when eaten; however, these effects can be lessened by cooking them. Webber does not suffer the Health and Sanity penalty when eating any Monster Foods. Eating 4 Monster Foods will also cause Pigs to be transformed into Werepigs. There are currently 10 types of Monster Food:
- Monster Meat, Cooked Monster Meat, and Monster Jerky
- Durian and Extra Smelly Durian
- Monster Lasagna
- Jellyfish, Dead Jellyfish, Cooked Jellyfish, and Dried Jellyfish ()
Because Monster Meat, Cooked Monster Meat, and Monster Jerky are considered meat and Durian and Extra Smelly Durian fruit, putting only one in a Crock Pot to cook will create a normal dish, depending on the other ingredients used. Jellyfish and all of its associated products are considered fish as their secondary type.
- There was another Monster Food called Deadly Feast. It has since been removed from the game, but it is still available to spawn by using its DebugSpawn code. Eating it will instantly bring the character's health to 0, though it acts like a regular Monster Food for Pigs.
- Jellyfish is unique among monster food as it does not deduct health or sanity from the player, even if eaten raw. It however, still counts as monster food in Crock Pot definitions.
- Adding 2 or more Monster Food items into a crockpot will usualy result in Monster Lasagna, because of its high priority in crockpots. But when cooking Surf 'n' Turf () there is no limit to how many Monster Food Items can be added, this because of that the Surf 'n' Turf takes priority over Monster Lasagna. This allows the player to use 3 Monster Food Items in a crockpot while making Surf 'n' Turf. Altough only 2 of these can be Monster Meat, because of the recipes restrictions.