The Prestihatitator is the tier 1 Magic station used to prototype basic Magic and Refine recipes. The Prestihatitator requires a Science Machine (or an Alchemy Engine) to prototype, and costs 4 Rabbits, 4 Boards, and 1 Top Hat to craft. Prototyping an item using the Prestihatitator will increase Sanity by 15.
See also: Crafting
The Prestihatitator has a 10% chance of spawning a Rabbit when used to prototype a new recipe.
Downloadable Content Edit
- As with any other recipe that requires limited use items, any durability Top Hat can be used when crafting a Prestihatitator. And when it is hammered, a full durability Top hat will be returned.
- Beardlings can be used instead of Rabbits to craft a Prestihatitator.
- Rabbits produced from this machine are homeless and sleep outside at night, making them easy food.
- The name "Prestihatitator" is a portmanteau of "prestidigitator" and "hat".
- The Prestihatitator spawning Rabbits is a reference to the magic trick of pulling a rabbit from a hat.
- The Prestihatitator used to have a more costly recipe: 1 Living Log, 4 Gold Nugget and a Top Hat.
- There is a bug in which even if the player has the required crafting materials, the Prestihatitator will remain uncraftable.