The Scaled Furnace is a craftable Structure exclusive to Don't Starve Together, introduced in A New Reign. It can be found in the Structures Tab after the player obtains the Blueprint by either killing the Dragonfly or as a random drop from Loot Stash , after killing Klaus . It can then be crafted using 2 Red Gems, 10 Charcoal and 1 Scale. The Furnace provides heat (which can quickly overheat the player), and light, but only in a very small radius, and allows the player to cook Food. Currently, this structure affects the player in the same way as the Magma Pools found in the Desert biome, except it won't set the player on fire.
- The Scaled Furnace was added in the Warts and All update.
- In the Rhymes with Play stream it was revealed on, it was accidentally read as "Salad Furnace". "saladfurnace" has been added alongside it as an easter egg, and is in fact just a green reskin of the Scaled Furnace.
- It used to be unable to cook food before update 191674.
- There are unused quotes within the game files for when the Furnace's fire is high, normal and out, as well as when it has been damaged by a hammer. These could be either leftovers from when it was supposed to work with fuel or planned features.
- Additionally, these also reveal it was meant to be refueled by Red Gems.