The Seaworthy is a Structure that spawns naturally in Shipwrecked (SW) DLC, and can be crafted in Reign of Giants (RoG) DLC and the base game, when SW DLC is available. It allows the player to travel between a SW world and RoG or base game world, in a similar manner to caves. Outside of SW DLC, it requires 4 Nightmare Fuels, 4 Living Logs and the Sea Worther to craft, and a Shadow Manipulator to prototype.
In a SW world, the player can find the Seaworthy already generated. If the player did not start from RoG or base game world, they can link their SW world with an existing RoG or base game world, or create a new one. Once the worlds are linked, the two worlds act as one combined save file with the SW character taking over the combined world. This link cannot be undone. If the SW world is linked to an existing RoG or the base game save, the existing player character in the linked world will be removed and replaced with a Grave. This grave can be dug with a Shovel to retrieve the items carried by the removed character.
In RoG or the base game, the Seaworthy does not naturally generate, so in order to go to SW it must be crafted and placed in the world, even if the player has started from a SW world. For the crafting recipe to function, the player must either start from a SW world, or when generating the RoG/base game world, agree to an on-screen prompt to make it compatible with SW.
Followers cannot travel between the two worlds (including Abigail). Any unique character-specific items (Like Lucy the Axe or Willow's Lighter) will be replaced if it does not exist in the destination world. In addition to this, if one merges worlds with an already-existing save, unique character-specific items from the old character will disappear from the save entirely. This is likely to prevent players from obtaining these items with other characters.
Since seasons pass by normally in the linked worlds, one can use Seaworthy to skip seasons if they so wish by simply going through the portal and waiting in the other world. For example, if Dry Season were to start in a SW world, the player could gather their things and go to their RoG/base game world until it's over, provided the season there is preferable. It should be noted that the two worlds do not necessarily have similar seasons. For example, it can be Winter in RoG world, but Monsoon Season in SW world.
When two worlds are connected, food spoliage continues to exist at a normal rate in both worlds.
- In Don't Starve: Pocket Edition, the Seaworthy structure spawns as normal, but does not function and cannot be examined. This is probably due to the fact that the Shipwrecked DLC is its own app, and therefore can't generate a Reign of Giants world without the two DLCs sharing the same application.
- Before it was implemented in the Wilbur vs. The Volcano update, the Malfunctioning Novelty Ride was used as a placeholder for the Seaworthy.
- When travelling through the Seaworthy, a distorted version of Work To Be Done soundtrack can be heard briefly.
- In Adventure mode, the Seaworthy will disappear immediately after placing it, which makes impossible to launch SW worlds there.
- When using a seaworthy from shipwrecked for the first time, you'll have an option to select an existing ROG world or to create a new one to link to. If you create a new one, you'll begin in that world on the day equivalent to your total survival time (the aggregate of all time survived in however many shipwrecked worlds hopped). This can make predicting which season to expect difficult. Heed what to expect from hound waves as well.
|Activities||Cooking • Crafting • Farming • Fishing • Sleeping|
|Environment||Day-Night Cycle • Moon Cycle • Nightmare Cycle • Earthquake • Lightning • Rain
(Sandstorms ) (Strong Winds • Fog • Waves • Flooding • Volcanic Eruption )
|Seasons||Summer • Winter • (Autumn • Spring )
(Mild Season • Hurricane Season • Monsoon Season • Dry Season )
|Mechanics||Beard • Biome • Characters • Charlie • Controls • Death • Durability • Experience • Fire • Food Spoilage • Freezing • Health • Hunger • Inventory • Light • Map • Naughtiness • Non-renewable resources • Sanity • Saving • Structures
(Wetness • Overheating ) (Disease • Regrowth ) (Poison )
|Mode||Survival Mode • Adventure Mode • Caves • Ruins • Volcano • Don't Starve Together • World Customization|
|Others||Pig Village • Road (Trail) • Graveyard • Ocean • Abyss • Bridge • Set Piece • Things • Morgue|