The Telltale Heart is a craftable Survival item only available in Don't Starve Together. It can be used to revive dead players by left-clicking on the ghost of the dead player. It can be crafted without a Science Machine using 3 Cut Grass and 1 Spider Gland.
Upon crafting the Telltale Heart, the player who crafted it will lose 40 Health. If a player does not have enough health to craft the heart they will not be able to craft it (if they lose the health while crafting, crafting will reduce them to 1 health, after which they will most likely die to the other damage source, such as freezing or fire).
After a living player gives the heart to a ghost, the living player receives 80 Sanity, and the ghost is revived with an additional 25% (1/4) of their maximum health removed along with normal resurrection penalties. The health penalty received by a Ghost using this item can be removed through the use of a Booster Shot. Ghost Players cannot haunt the heart to revive, they must have it given to them by a living character.
- The name of this item is a reference to Edgar Allan Poe's short story, The Tell-Tale Heart.
- Armor used to reduce the health cost of this item, but it was patched. Wearing armor no longer lowers the health lost.
- Telltale hearts stored in a chest will make an audible heart beat sound, and multiple ones will sound like rain striking a tent.
- After a player revives a ghost with a heart, when other characters examine the player, they will say he/she is a "friend of ghosts".
- It used to cost 5 grass to make a Telltale Heart, but was changed.
- Abigail's soul is already bound to her flower, so the heart has no effect on her.
- Telltale Hearts can be given to the angry Ghosts that emerge from desecrated Graves, but the current Character will always change their mind and refuse at the last second.