The Gorge is an Event exclusive to Don't Starve Together, and the second of a planned series of such events. It follows the events of The Forge, the first event. The Gorge is a 3-person challenge involving cooking, farming, and gathering ingredients.
A beta of the event started on June 12th, 2018.
See also: The Gorge Event Recipes
Official Description Edit
After barely escaping through the Molten Gateway, our survivors plummet headfirst into the ruins of a sickly city ruled by a ravenous beast. Work together to cook fine dishes and placate the Eternal Gnaw's hunger to avoid the curse of its terrible plague. Cook well enough, and you may even get to go home.
- The Altar of Gnaw
- Mealing Stone
- Queen Beast Statue
- Beast of Hunger Statue
- Iron Fence
- Wrecked Bicycle
- Broken Carriage
- Dilapidated Roof
- Dilapidated House
- Dilapidated Chimney
- Dilapidated Clocktower
- Dilapidated Cathedral
- Smashed Clock
- House Rubble
- Worn Pig House
- Gnaw Worshipper Statue
- Salt Pond
- Raw and Roast Garlic
- Raw and Roast Onions
- Raw and Roast Potatoes
- Raw and Roast Toma Roots
- Raw and Roast Turnips
Setting Up Edit
Players can join other players either via Quick Match, which drops them into the best server the matchmaker finds, or by manually browsing available servers. Alternatively, a player can request a custom server via Custom Match, allowing them to set the server's name, description, password and whether or not it is associated with a Steam Group. All Gorge matches take place on special dedicated servers, and as such, players cannot host their own servers.
It is not necessary to have a full set of three players to start a match, though it is recommended to do so. A round will begin either when all three player slots are filled up, or when all players in an incomplete party vote to begin without the full three.
A character in Gorge gameplay mode does not have any Health, Hunger or Sanity, and only five inventory slots (four normal ones and a Hand slot). Characters spawn at the Ancient Gateway. The game is governed by the Gnaw's patience meter, which depletes over time. The players have to feed the Gnaw and put the Ancient Key in the Altar of Gnaw before the meter fully runs out, or the player party will be turned into Merms. The Ancient Key is brought from Mumsy for 3 Gnaw's Favors, which are earned by feeding the Gnaw certain dishes.
Character Specialties Edit
This lists the special abilities of all The Gorge characters.
|Wilson||Improves nearby Cookpot efficiency. Inspects food to determine if it matches the Gnaw's craving.||Cooking|
|Willow||Logs burn longer on the fire.||Cooking|
|Wolfgang||Improves nearby Oven efficiency.||Cooking|
|Wendy||Improves nearby Grill efficiency.||Cooking|
|WX-78||Enhanced robotic runspeed.||Gathering|
|Wickerbottom||Has just the book for the occasion. Inspects food to determine if it matches the Gnaw's craving.||Farming||x2|
|Woodie||Chops wood more quickly.||Gathering|
|Maxwell||Summons a Shadow Logger.||Gathering|
|Wigfrid||Harvests an extra meat when slaughtering Beefalo.||Gathering|
|Webber||Sows seeds and harvests plants much more quickly.||Farming|
|Winona||Performs most actions slightly faster.||Farming|
|Escape!||Activate the Ancient Gateway and escape the Gorge||10,000|
|No Silver Linings||Escape the Gorge without offering any silver plated meals to the Gnaw||30,000|
|Sodi-yum||Escape the Gorge without offering the Gnaw any salted meals||20,000|
|Taste Maker||Escape the Gorge without failing to fulfill any cravings||20,000|
|No Repeater Eater||Escape the Gorge without offering any duplicate meals||20,000|
|Cooked to Perfection||Escape the Gorge without having burned or ruined any meals||10,000|
|Zero-Wait Stall||Escape the Gorge by offering 7 meals or less||30,000|
|Quick Lunch||Escape the Gorge by offering 10 meals or less||20,000|
|Flavorville||Escape the Gorge having fulfilled 18 or more of the Gnaw's cravings||30,000|
|Gnaw's Gnosh||Escape the Gorge having fulfilled 15 or more of the Gnaw's cravings||20,000|
- There is a patch of pre-grown Potatoes by the Swamp Pig Village, yielding 4 Potatoes and 2 Rot. Harvesting them will allow the team to get a head start on making food, especially since Potato Chips, a snack, can be made with 3 Potatoes.
- Dishes that give Gnaw's Favors and the equipment used to make them (as well as other dishes that produce the currency needed to buy that equipment, earlier on) should be prioritized.
- It is possible to access seeds for Garlic and Toma Root without buying the Iron Key (and access to Pipton) by buying the Packet of Mixed Seeds.
- Since most picked food items rot quickly it is not recommended to harvest all berries or foliage until they are needed. This also applies to fully formed plant crops as most will eventually rot/wither away. However, even if picked just before the plant crops rot they will give the vegetable at full durability.
- One of the easiest dishes to make is Stone Soup, requiring only 1 Rock, 1 Berry and 1 Foliage. It is also very rewarding for a cheap to make snack, granting 10 Old Coins. It counts as Soup and Snack.
- The Gorge, through its associated skins, was first made known to players through an accidental leak on May 23, 2018, where the event was called the Quagmire.
- The event is associated with the Culinarian and Victorian Skin sets.
- On June 14th, 2018, Klei posted a link to a recipe book that contains all recipes that have been discovered so far.
- Players were able to die by placing logs near a campfire next to the Elder Swamp Pig and taking a fatal amount of fire damage. However, they could be revived by other players much like in The Forge. If all players are dead or are not resurrected, they would remain deceased until mermification, where the players would be revived just to be turned into merms.   This mechanic was removed in a later update.  
- ↑ https://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/92128-in-this-eventyou-can-actually-die/?do=findComment&comment=1051566 Post by Klei Forums user Maxil20: "Few notes on this: You can also actually be resurrected, just like in forge. Simply holding spacebar will play the animation and revive the character with 20% of their max HP. They will also keep all items they had on them as well. In addition the game is permanently softlocked if everyone dies until the very end, where all characters are resurrected just in time to be merms!"
- ↑ https://youtu.be/Y5kwWOLw2ek Video demonstrating how death worked in The Gorge.
- ↑ https://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/92128-in-this-eventyou-can-actually-die/?do=findComment&comment=1052477 from Klei Forums user Swollson: "With the most recent update, it seems like you cant die anymore ):"
- ↑ https://youtu.be/D4iw133nt6E Video from Swollson's post demonstrating how players can no longer die in The Gorge.
October 30th, 2017 - December 4th, 2017)
Winter's Feast (December 15th, 2016 - January 5th, 2017;
December 18th, 2017 - January 8, 2018)
Year of the Gobbler (January 19th, 2017 - February 14th, 2017)
The Forge (November 9th, 2017 - December 4th, 2017)
Year of the Varg (February 9th, 2018 - March 16th, 2018)
The Gorge (June 14th, 2018 - July 9th, 2018)