The Lazy Forager is a craftable item found in the Ancient Tab. It requires 1 Orange Gem, 2 Thulecite, and 3 Nightmare Fuel to craft at a repaired Ancient Pseudoscience Station to prototype. It also can randomly drop from an Ancient Pseudoscience Station when the latter is damaged with a Hammer, Gunpowder etc.
While having it equipped in the chest slot, it allows the player to automatically pick up inventory items that lie on the ground, without having to interact with them. The items will disappear from the ground with a puff of smoke and then appear in the inventory. The Lazy Forager has a limited amount of uses and after it has collected 225 items it will break. It will also provide the player with a passive +2 per minute.
Since Orange Gems are not renewable only a limited number of Lazy Foragers can be crafted.
Reign of GiantsEdit
- The Lazy Forager has some limitations to what it can pick up and how it does it. Everything that requires some time to be picked will not be added to inventory automatically (e.g. harvesting Berry Bushes). The amulet will not count full stacks as one item when reducing durability - instead, it will pull one piece out of the stack at a time until your inventory is full. It will also pick up any Traps, Tooth Traps, or Bee Mines nearby.
- The amulet should be taken off when near a defensive area full of traps and Bee Mines to keep from automatically picking them up.
- The item is also useful for collecting items while being chased by enemies. Since the amulet will pick up traps, the player can also quickly collect Tooth Traps, then set them during lulls between attacks.
- This can be a good item to have as Webber in the Reign of Giants DLC, since Spiders don't take long to eat the Meats dropped from their foes.
- When used in conjunction with a Bush Hat, players can harvest the items dropped during a fight between hostile mobs without aggroing either group.
- The Lazy Forager can be used to quickly recollect all the player's items after dying in a dangerous zone.
- The Lazy Forager shares the same in-game model with the Chilled Amulet but its gem is orange instead of blue.
- This item used to be a part of the Gemology Tab before the Tab was removed from the game.