The Thulecite Crown is a craftable Item found in the Ancient Tab. It requires 4 Nightmare Fuel, 4 Thulecite and an Ancient Pseudoscience Station to craft. It also has a 33% chance to be found inside a Large Ornate Chest. Like all items from the Ancient Tab, Thulecite Crowns cannot be prototyped and can only be crafted when near an Ancient Pseudoscience Station.
When equipped in the head slot, the Thulecite Crown acts as an Armor that will absorb 90% of physical damage and has 1200 durability. When characters are struck while the Crown is equipped, it has a 33% chance to create a force field around the Character. The force field lasts for 4 seconds, preventing all damage (except for Fire) and grants stun immunity. The trade-off is that 5% of the incoming damage is reduced from Sanity. The force field cannot occur more than once every 9 seconds. Unequipping the Crown will disable an active force field, even though the animation remains. The Crown's force field emits enough light to protect the player from Charlie.
Since Thulecite is not renewable in Don't Starve, only a limited number of Thulecite Crowns can be crafted.
In the Reign of Giants DLC, players have a small chance of finding Green Gems inside Tumbleweeds, thus making Thulecite Crown renewable, since more Thulecite can be gained with the use of Construction Amulets and Deconstruction Staves.
In the Shipwrecked DLC, Thulecite Crowns can be obtained as a possible reward from the Slot Machine and X Marks the Spot treasure Chests. It also can always be found in a Chest of the Depths left behind by the Quacken after its death. Since Dubloons and the Quacken are renewable, Thulecite Crowns are also renewable in Shipwrecked.
Don't Starve TogetherEdit
- As it is clear from its perk, the Thulecite Crown is more suited for tanking enemies instead of kiting them.
- The Crown is really useful when facing big groups of Mobs like Spiders or Hounds, as the force field will protect the players from being stunlocked.
- The force field will protect Characters even from the special effects of enemy attacks like the item steal of Frogs.
- The Crown is a great armor for Willow, Maxwell and Wigfrid (RoG only) since these Characters can regain their Sanity easily.
- On the other hand, the Crown is not that great on Woodlegs's (SW only) Sanity since its maximum value is already so low and it constantly drops when on land.
- The Thulecite Crown was added in the Moderately Friendly update.
- Although the crown showcases a Red Gem, one does not need it to craft the crown.