Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A quite significant update was released today that includes a new unlockable character (a robot) and plenty other new gameplay features.
- Food spoils over long periods of time. Stale and Spoiled foods are less beneficial. Rotten food is practically inedible, but can be used as fuel or fertilizer.
- Crock pot foods are now stackable.
- You can build a Ice Box now to mitigate spoilage.
- New unlockable character: WX78, a robot who can eat spoiled food with no penalties, and who hates all living things.
- Steam cloud can now be disabled. (details below)
- New camera controls for streamers/YouTubers: CTRL+P will freeze the camera in place. CTRL+H will hide the hud.
- Smallbirds now grow up to become angsty Teenbirds. Teenbirds will grow up to be Tallbirds and leave the player.
- The mysterious Otto Von Chesterfield can be found in some swamps. (You will need to start a new map to find him)
- Beefalo travel in proper herds now. Herds regenerate off-screen (currently with adults)
- Beefalo herds become agitated when they go into heat, and will chase away the player if they are not wearing a beefalo hat.
- Beefalo sometimes drop a beefalo horn, which can be used to move beefalos around.
- The Spider Hat is no longer craftable - you just wear the Spider Queen's head directly. It also can't be used to steal spiders from an existing queen.
- Health and Hunger values have been re-tuned across the board. Characters have a larger hunger buffer now.
- Addressed minor spelling mistakes
- Minor tweaks and fixes
- Fixed various save/load issues
DISABLING STEAM CLOUD
- Some people have reported save/load issues with Steam Cloud. We have added a workaround that will cause the game to save its files in your documents directory instead. To activate this mode, add the following two lines to your "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dont_starve\settings.ini" file:
[STEAM] DISABLECLOUD = true