The Walking Cane is a Dress item, which can also be used as a weapon. It requires 1 Walrus Tusk, 2 Gold Nuggets, and 4 Twigs to craft and an Alchemy Engine to prototype. It increases the character's movement speed by 25% while equipped.
The Walking Cane's speed boost puts the character on the same level as many other creatures who could otherwise outrun them, including followers like Chester or Pigs. This is amplified by both natural and Cobblestone roads, for a combined increase of movement speed by 55%, allowing players to outrun any mob in the game, apart from Enraged Moslings.
The Walking Cane can also be used as a weapon, although it is amongst the weakest in the game, as it only deals half the damage of a Spear when used as a weapon. However, it has an infinite durability, so it can be swung indefinitely.
The Walking Cane can be used to craft the The Lazy Explorer.
- One can stack the speed bonus with the Magiluminescence to have a total increase of 45% movement speed while both items are worn, which means that while on a road, the player will have a 75% speed boost. This can further be increased with WX-78's overload or Wolfgang's mighty speed boost.
- In the Shipwrecked DLC, since MacTusk is not present, the Walking Cane cannot be crafted. However it can be obtained using the Slot Machine, or as loot from the Quacken.
- The Walking Cane can also be used while sailing on Boats, providing the same speed boost.
- The Walking Cane can be found on a Set Piece and taken at will.
- The Walking Cane was added in The End Is Nigh update.