Warbucks is a Character exclusive to the Don't Starve: Hamlet DLC. He is a stereotypical late 19th to early 20th century British explorer. Judging by his tanned skin, it can be assumed that he spends most of his time in the outdoors.
Special Power Edit
Warbucks gains sanity over time when he holds Oincs. He will gain, in a non-linear way, up to 40 per minute if there are up to 200 Oincs in the player's inventory. Holding more than 200 Oincs does not increase his Sanity regeneration further. He also starts the game with a Ball Pein Hammer and Magnifying Glass.
The table below represents the exact number of sanity regeneration depending on the amount of Oincs.
|Oincs in inventory||Sanity per minute|
|200 and more||40|
- Making Crock Pot dishes is difficult in very early game. When coupled with Warbucks low maximum hunger, the player is in danger of either starving, or going insane quickly from eating raw food. Spending the first few days clearing the Deep Rainforest to collect the relics there, and then visiting the Pig City will give the player enough Tenpiece Oincs to easily survive before a Crock Pot is made.
- Warbucks's ability to regain Sanity by holding Oincs in the inventory allows him to manage it easily if the player has sufficient Oincs on hand. This is arguably even more useful than Maxwell's ability, as the player can choose to stop the sanity regeneration at any time, and control the rate at which it happens.
- The downside is that this is a mid-game advantage, since he starts with no Oincs.
- In the Hamlet beta, Warbucks could be "unlocked" by selecting a new game slot and clicking on either the Shipwrecked option or the Reign of Giants option. Warbucks could be selected from the character selection screen. The player would hit apply for Warbucks, then go back and click on the Hamlet option. Warbucks would remain applied and the player can start a Hamlet world as Warbucks. This method would be changed in the full release.
- Warbucks' voice is played by a bugle. 
- When Warbucks enters combat, his voice plays to a tune similar to the finale of the 1812 Overture by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky. He is the only playable character with a unique battle cry.
- In the Hamlet beta, Warbucks had a base sanity of 300. This was changed to 200 in the early access release, likely for it to be more manageable.
- His title in the Hamlet beta was "The Gentleman Hunter". It was changed to "The Affluent Explorer" in the Early Access for Hamlet.
- In a developer stream by Klei, it was said that some inspirations for his character included Van Pelt from Jumanji and Professor Archimedes Q. Porter from Disney's Tarzan.
|Warbucks getting hurt.|
|Wilson quotes ⋅ clothes • Willow quotes ⋅ clothes • Wolfgang quotes ⋅ clothes • Wendy quotes ⋅ clothes • WX-78 quotes ⋅ clothes • Wickerbottom quotes ⋅ clothes • Woodie quotes ⋅ clothes • Wes quotes ⋅ clothes • Maxwell quotes ⋅ clothes • Wigfrid quotes ⋅ clothes • Webber quotes ⋅ clothes • Walani quotes ⋅ clothes • Warly quotes ⋅ clothes • Wilbur quotes ⋅ clothes • Woodlegs quotes ⋅ clothes • Warbucks quotes ⋅ clothes • Wilba quotes ⋅ clothes • Winona quotes ⋅ clothes • Unimplemented|